NVR Audio Fails to Monitor
1. Whether IP camera audio is on or off: check out and open up audio to see whether IP camera has BYO sound pick-up via IE or IP camera BYO client software;
2. Audio format: adjust audio format to G.711 via IE or IP camera BYO client software;
3. NVR: Setting---Channel---Video Parameter, choose the corresponding channel and change stream type to Video & Audio;
4. Whether Aout port on NVR rear panel gets access to speaker working properly.
Upgrade by U Stick:
1. Reboot NVR and unplug the network cable;
2. Prepare a U stick (the normal format is FAT32, do not quick format U stick) copy the upgrade file to the root directory to upgrade.
Upgrage by Network:
1. NVR has installed harddisk;
2. Delete the connected ip camera and reboot NVR;
3. Copy upgrade file to the root directory of D disk, dont put them on desktop.
NVR Update Image
1) Check NVR “Device series No.” : Click “Setting” → “Device” → “Device Info”
2) Check NVR “Master Version”: Click “Setting” → “System Version” → “Master Version”
3) Unplug the NVR network cable
4) Restart the NVR5) You will acquire the correct update firmware from our evaluation of NVR Series No, Master version and photo of mainboard/rear panel. Process of Update: Plug the USB and click “ Setting” → “System” →”Update” →Browse U-disk file and choose the correct update file. Please do not power off or make other operations when updating. Avoiding returning to factory repair due to upgrade failed.
NVR Some Problems Exist in Image Preview or Playback
Case 1: Can search out IP, but cannot get image both on Multi-screen (sub stream) and Single-screen (main stream);
Case 2: Single-screen (main stream) has images; but Multi-screen (sub stream) gets black screen;
Case 3: Multi-screen (sub stream) has images, but Single-screen (main stream) or playback get black screen or images freezing;
Case 4: Images or screen become mess.
NVR are compatible with different brands and resolution of IPC and it is important that NVR select the correct stream type.
It is common to see above 4 cases. All are relevant to the setting up of “Setting→Device→Device info→Stream Type”.
The first value means the channel numbers that NVR can access to IPC and resolution of NVR main stream.
“Sub” means the resolution of NVR Sub Stream.
“Ref” means the NVR reference frame that NVR can access to the IPC.
“Play” means the playback channel numbers in this stream type.
Solution for Case 1 Solution: Can search out IP, but cannot get image
1. Adjust to the correct stream type and choose “4ref”, Ambarella modules need “4ref” support;
2. Whether the IP address of IPC and NVR are in the same network segment;
3. Check the user name and password whether they are correct.
4. The protocol of IPC has not been integrated or NVR firmware is too old. Updating Latest NVR firmware needs to get confirmation from the factory Tech person. Solution for Case 2: Single-screen (main stream) has images; but Multi-screen (sub stream) gets black screen
1. Adjusting NVR Stream Type and “Sub” choose the “720×576”. Here please pay attention to whether the resolution of main stream matches the IPC;
2. Adjusting the Sub Stream of IPC through the IPC or Client software. Resolution chooses VGA or CIF;
3. Updating NVR firmware.
Solution for Case 3: Multi-screen (sub stream) has image; but Single-screen (main stream) or playback get black screen or images freezing
1. Adjusting NVR Stream Type, choose 1920×1080;
2. Adjusting Main Stream of IPC through IPC or Client Software, resolution changes to 960P or 720P.
Solution for Case 4: Image or screen become mess The solution is same to Case 3. If the full screen gets mess, it may be due to the displayer, display cables or hardware failures of NVR. Then, please check the resolution of displayer and try to connect to another displayer or cables.
NVR IE Access: Fail to Install Plug-in Without Image Out
NVR: Setting---Network---Network Setting, check out IP address, Device Port, HTTP Port.
First to fix LAN access:
1. WinXP: Please install VC++2008 from Microsoft download or sofware housekeeper download;
2. Win7 & Win8: Click “Start” to choose current login user as “Administrator”, tick Control Panel---User Accounts and Family Safety---Change User Account Control Setting, then lower down to “Never notify”. Open IE browser and press “Tools” to see “Internet Options”---“Security”---“Custom Level”, adjust ActiveX controls and plug-ins to “Enable” or “Prompt” and “Disable” “Binary and script behaviors” alone. Follow the same setting step in “Local Intranet” and tick “OK”, restart IE browser. Finally press “Alt” to see “Tools” and tick “Compability View Setting” to check “Display all websites in Compability View”. Click “OK” and reopen IE browser.
3. Check whether PC had installed ActiveX in previous time. Close IE browser and go to “Program Files” folder in C Disk, then delete “dvr_activex” whole folder, while deleting WIN7、WIN8 system in “Program Files(x86)”, then install new plug-in.
4. After successfully installing plug-in, input NVR IP address on IE browser address bar and login interface appears. Port for NVR Equipment Port as default is 5050 in port, admin in user name and no password. Tick “login”, open the remote image preview interface and tick the × to √ in the right corner of every screen or click right mouse to see “Open All”.
Recommend to shut down NVR and close router’s UPNP, then do the port mapping. If open UPNP and do port mapping at the same time, it will cause conflict and NVR UPNP is default to be closed. If users have static IP, they only need to map two rules in router, first is 5050-5053, related to NVR IP address; second is 80(Strongly advise to alter), related to NVR IP address, then succeed to finish port mapping. Some routers can only do the port mapping one by one, which needs to map 4 ports: 5000, 5051, 5052, 5053, plus HTTP port, otherwise it may occurs that user can get access to login interface but fail to get image. For mobile access, user needs to plus 3 based on the device port. Open IE browser again and the user can get access when inputting static IP address in address bar. If you have changed HTTP port from 80 to 88, you should input http://static IP address: 88 (Colon is English character) If users don’t have static IP address, after port mapping, they need to do dynamic domain name blinding. Like website application domain name such as 3322, Peanut Hull, No-IP, after succeed to register domain name on their websites, tick NVR Setting---Network---DDNS Setting, and fill in the username, password and domain name.
NVR New HDD Added but Video Still Recorded in Previous HDDs
1) Formatting all HDDs;
2) Shut down and unplug former HDDs, then only insert new HDD and after half an hour recording, shut down and insert the former ones.
NVR No Image or Image not Stable
1. Occupied stream of IPC exceeds the total resource stream of NVR, we suggest to choose 3M for the Main Stream and to choose 512K for the Sub Stream.
2. NVR firmware is too old and firmware version needs to be updated.
3. Ethernet switch backplane bandwidth is deficient. NVR of more than 16 channels needs to get access to a Gigabit Ethernet switch not lower than 48G in Gbps. And this switch shouldn’t have network management behavior management function, or it will limit the speed, restart the NVR, images can all show, images will drop a few, or images are all black, restart the NVR then it will be normal.
4. Carefully check out IP address is conflicted or not. If there is device sharing the IP address which is conflict with NVR local IP address in network, it happens to have image flickering every second. Probably it may have such a phenomenon that image occurs in 1st channel and next second in 3rd channel, then next second has no idea in which channel.
NVR Backup Problems
Recording or USB backup error
1.The data volume is too large and takes up too many resources. It needs to stop recording and then back up again.
2.The data volume exceeds the capacity of the backup device which may cause recording error.
3. Backup device damage. It needs to replace the backup device.
4. DVD recorder does not match the CD.
Video image interference stripe.
1. Front-end video problems caused by engineering construction. It is because of the troubles caused by the short circuit and open circuit of the video cable’s core wire and shielding net. In this case, please check the line.
2. Interference with several vertical stripes in equal space appears on the monitor screen. This is because that the characteristic impedance of the video transmission line is not 75 ohm, which causes the impedance mismatch. The solution generally relies on “initial applying series resistor” or “terminal parallel connecting resistor”.
3. Interference with several pinstripes appears on the monitor screen. This phenomenon is mostly because there is a strong interference source nearby the system. In this case, please try to avoid the radiation source or keep it far away from the radiation source. If it is not available to avoid the radiation source, please strengthen the shield of the front and center equipment, and use steel pipe to package transmission lines and pipelines and make them well grounded.
4. A black bar or white bar which is roll slowly appears on the monitor screen. This kind of phenomenon is mostly generated by the system’s ground loop introducing 50 weeks power frequency interference (AC interference). Strengthen the grounding. Sometimes it is also due to poor power performance (or partial damage) of the camera or matrix switcher. In this situation, please install USP. Poor contact of the video cable is one of the reasons of this phenomenon. Then re-make another line.
5. Interference with wood stripes appears on the monitor. The video transmission line is in poor quality, especially in poor shielding (it does not work if the shielding net is not copper cable net with high quality, or is too thin to shield). Meanwhile, the resistance of the video line is so large that results in a large reduction of signal, which makes the problem more serious. So, this kind of video cable, if not 75 ohm or the impedance above 75 ohm, that can be the reason for image problem.
Real-time image problems, for example, serious distortion of image color or brightness
1. If it is wrong to select N or PAL, the image will become black and white.
2. If the transmission distance is too far or the video transmission lines attenuate seriously, the image color will fade or become black and white. In this situation, please add video amplifier.
3. The color distortion appears easily under the remote video baseband transmission mode. It is mainly caused by that the phase shift of the transmission line’s high frequency signal is too large. In this situation, a phase compensator should be added.
4. The improper installation and adjustment for the camera will cause some problems too. For example, if the adjustment for the camera after the intercept is improper, there will be a series of problems such as out of focus, and defocus which appears under the operations of three variable lens. If the brightness of the camera is too low (Here, don’t try to compensate via changing the brightness of the NVR), you should re-adjust the brightness of the camera. If the brightness is too high, you can add a resistor of 100 ohm or a resistor of 100K ohm connecting the ground in the video core line. Don’t be in backlight while installing.
5. The setting of NVR color, NVR brightness is inaccurate. In this case, you should re-set after reading the default value.
NVR fails to start
1.1. Inputting power incorrectly results in device problems:
Supply line or supply voltage is incorrect.
The power is in shortage (or wire diameter of one supply line is in shortage too, or voltage reduction is too large).
Short circuit, open circuit and transient overvoltage appear in the transmission line of the system.
Device damage happens occasionally especially due to power supply fault or transient overvoltage. So it is necessary to measure the power with a multi-meter before supplying power. However, the firing line and the zero line may be installed reversed sometimes, and it is hard to check. It is necessary to remind users.
1.2. Hard disk is damaged or the hard disk line’s problems
The machine reboots automatically or crashes frequently
2.1. The input voltage is instable or low. It is advised to install a power regulator or a UPS.
2.2. If the hard disk has bad tracks or the hard disk line has problems, you can check the overtime of hard disk or hard disk damage in file manager.
2.3. Poor cooling. There is too much dust in the machine, and the operation environment is terrible.
2.4. EMI (electromagnetic interference). DVR crash or reboot is usually caused by outside interference such as outside power line, inverter air conditioner, and even interference from bus or other large equipments.
2.5. Hardware problems. In this situation, you can send the machine back to our company for repair.
Copyright 2014 URCCTV All Rights ReservedBack to the top